Monday, April 12, 2010

Did you know about Lightning?

Did you know...

That carnivorous animals will not eat another animal that has been killed by lightning. This does not, however, include scavengers.

I found this interesting because I thought about how we as a population like our meat cooked and that the animals in the wild do not. I wonder how this preference came about during evolution. Whatever the reason I am glad because meat that is cooked to perfection is the best. Not to mention that if it were not cooked, there would be the bacteria that would make us all sick.

Anyways just another little factoid that is completely useless until you have nothing to talk about. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Lightning, huh? That is defiantly interesting but it does make sense. Animals have different nutrition that they need so that's probably why they like it raw and not cooked. But that is still very interesting.

    ReplyDelete